Dowager Countess Eleanor Peel Trust
Are you considering postgraduate study? Then you may be interested to learn that as an Old Lancastrian you can apply for financial assistance from the Dowager Countess Eleanor Peel Trust.
The Fund’s Trustees have made available a sum of money to assist the further education of LRGS alumni which is to be used for any of the following:-
- Postgraduate research or the extension of a University course for any proper purpose approved by the University or by the Governors.
- Postgraduate courses at Universities outside Great Britain.
- Graduates who wish to enter Articles as Solicitors or Chartered Accountants, or to read for the Bar.
- Travel Scholarships.
- Art or Music Scholarships.
The Governors of the School will consider applications from former pupils for grants up to the value of £600 a year, subject to the following conditions:-
- No award will be made if it would result in a reduction in grants from other sources.
- Applicants must be over the age of eighteen at the beginning of the period covered by the grant.
- Applications should be accompanied by a recommendation from a University Head of Department, College Tutor, or other qualified person, or by the names of referees.
- Applicants should give precise information of the length and purpose of any proposed course of study, which should normally be of not less than one year, or more than two years, in duration. In special conditions a grant may be extended for a third year, but the renewal of all grants after the first year will be subject to a satisfactory report from the person responsible for directing studies. In the case of Travel Scholarships, these may be granted for a long vacation during university residence, when it can be shown that the grant awarded directly benefits the applicant’s course of study.
If you would like to apply for financial assistance from the Trust you should send your application and all supporting documents to:
Lancaster Royal Grammar School