Lancaster Royal Grammar School has been judged by Ofsted to have 'outstanding' boarding provision and in the most recent inspection was rated 'outstanding' in many categories in many categories including the Sixth Form and 'good' overall. Please read the report in full here.
- Pupils flourish ar LRGS. Without exception, pupils said that they enjoyed school. They feel safe and happy.
- Leaders, including governors, are ambitious for all pupils at the school. They value and foster pupils’ talents and abilities. Leaders ensure that all pupils leave the school as well-rounded individuals.
- Pupils enjoy a first-class range of enrichment activities. Those cultivate pupils’ leadership skills and contribute to their character development.
- Behaviour is excellent ... and students have very positive attitudes to learning.
- There is a broad range of curriculum subjects on offer, including in the sixth form. Teachers have high aspirations for what pupils can achieve. Pupils said they enjoy their learning. All pupils achieve well. Sixth-form students achieve exceptionally well.
- All boarders make excellent progress in education and enjoy their experiences.
- The boarding community is a welcoming and fun place to be.
- Staff work hard to build warm, trusting and respectful relationships. Children flourish in the positive and safe environment of the boarding house.
- The school pastoral support team offers children a high quality, bespoke service. Innovative practice overcomes barriers to emotional well-being and good mental health.
- The school has at its heart the aim to help children to excel.
- This is a school that creates extraordinary positive experiences and maximises the progress of boarders.
To read the reports in full, click on the attachments (below).
Reports are also available on the Ofsted website.