Lancaster Royal Grammar School's position as one of the top state grammar schools in the country was endorsed by the most recent Ofsted inspections (see below), which rated the school as 'outstanding' across all categories, including boarding.
- Attainment in the Sixth Form is well above that found nationally and represents very good progress.
- This is an outstanding school that provides very good value for money.
- The students' enthusiasm and enjoyment is a highly significant strength of the school.
- Behaviour is excellent ... and students have very positive attitudes to learning.
- A quite exceptional range of well-attended after-school activities makes an excellent contribution to pupils' physical health and social development.
- All boarders make excellent progress in education and enjoy their experiences.
- The boarding community is a welcoming and fun place to be.
- Staff work hard to build warm, trusting and respectful relationships. Children flourish in the positive and safe environment of the boarding house.
- The school pastoral support team offers children a high quality, bespoke service. Innovative practice overcomes barriers to emotional well-being and good mental health.
- The school has at its heart the aim to help children to excel.
- This is a school that creates extraordinary positive experiences and maximises the progress of boarders.
To read the reports in full, click on the attachments (below).
Reports are also available on the Ofsted website.