Lancaster Royal Grammar School's position as one of the top state grammar schools in the country was endorsed by the most recent Ofsted inspections (see left), which rated the school as 'outstanding' across all categories, including boarding.
- Attainment in the Sixth Form is well above that found nationally and represents very good progress.
- This is an outstanding school that provides very good value for money.
- The students' enthusiasm and enjoyment is a highly significant strength of the school.
- Behaviour is excellent ... and students have very positive attitudes to learning.
- A quite exceptional range of well-attended after-school activities makes an excellent contribution to pupils' physical health and social development.
- This is an outstanding service in every respect.
- Excellent relationships have been established between staff, pupils and parents.
- Pupils' welfare is closely monitored and their health needs are extremely well met.
- Pupils live in safe and comfortable surroundings.
- The refurbished School House is outstanding.
To read the reports in full, click on the attachments (left).
Both reports are available on the Ofsted website.